NOW . . .
EATING HEALTHY CAN BE EASY AND COST EFFECTIVE!
Here is another easy meal to make for dinner. I promised chicken this month,
so here is my version of chicken picatta!
1. This is what I used – a package of chicken tenders, olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, capers, lemon, green beans, butter, garlic granules and an organic kale, cabbage salad mix.
2. I started with the beans. Wash and trim them and then put in a pot or pan with 1/4 cup of water, bring to a boil and then simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the tenderness you prefer.
3. Then I started the chicken while the beans are cooking. Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2-3 minutes and then turn the chicken. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Then turn heat down to simmer, add 2 tbsp capers, 1 tbsp butter, and the lemon juice from one lemon. You might need to add a little more liquid - water, white wine or apple juice. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Then I quick threw together the salad mix, or you could do this at the beginning.
5. Next I finished the beans. I put them in a colander to drain the water off. (This emptied the skillet out too!) In the skillet add 1 tbsp butter and 2 cloves minced garlic, OR I didn't have cloves of garlic, so I put in 1 teaspoon garlic granules. Heat up, but don't burn the garlic. Add the cooked beans, salt and pepper to taste and mix up with the butter and garlic.
6. Now you're ready to plate your meal and enjoy!